Dr. Li is an Assistant Professor of Computer Science and Engineering Department at the University of Colorado Denver (CU Denver). He founds and directs the META (Mobile, Emerging Technologies & Applications) Lab. His research mainly focuses on Internet-of-Things (IoT)/Mobile. He has published over ten research papers on top CS conferences and journals (e.g., MobiCom, MobiSys, SenSys, UbiComp, Oakland, CCS, NDSS, WWW), co-authored one book, and is a named inventor on many international and U.S. patents. He received a Ph.D. degree from the University at Buffalo, SUNY (UB). In addition, he received both an M.S. degree and a B.S. degree from Hangzhou Dianzi University (HDU) (both with honor), China.
The broad interest of META Lab is to serve the transformation towards intelligent society by exploring the physical & cyber worlds integration technologies. And we believe research is a bravest and most romantic job.
|Jul, 2022||Won the Research Award from Meta 2022 Privacy Enhancing Technologies. Thanks, Meta!|
|Jul, 2022||Won the Best Student Paper Award in IEEE International Conference on Health Informatics (ICHI) 2022.|
|Jul, 2022||Serve as a general co-chair in the 5th International Workshop on Combining Physical and Data-Driven Knowledge in Ubiquitous Computing (CPD 2022, https://ubicomp-cpd.com/2022.html), co-located with UbiComp 2022. Looking forward to see you in Atlanta, GA on September!|
|Jun, 2022||Serve as a panelist to review proposals in NSF 2022.|
|Jan, 2022||Work as the volunteer judge with Xingyu in the 2021-2022 season of the CoorsTek Denver Metro Regional Science and Engineering Fair to support academic STEM development in local middle and high schools.|
|Oct, 2021||Our team won the runner-up award in the 2021 IEEE Healthcare Summit (IHS) COVID-19 Data Hackathon (Sensor Informatics Track).|
|Oct, 2021||Gave an invited talk on “Research, a bravest and most romantic job” at UB CSE Distinguished Alumni Series.|
|Sep, 2021||META lab is looking for motivated students (Undergraduate/Ph.D.). Please drop me an email if you have any interests.|
Selected PublicationsPapers in Denver.
Supervised students/scholars are underlined.
- UbiComp 2022Reliable Digital Forensics in the Air: Exploring An RF-based Drone Identification SystemIn International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing 2022
- UbiComp 2022EarCommand: “Hearing” Your Silent Speech Commands In EarIn International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing 2022
- UbiComp 2022MSLife Digital Behavioral Phenotyping of Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms in the Wild using Wearables and Graph-Based Statistical AnalysisIn International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing 2022
- MobiCom 2022mmEve: Eavesdropping on Smartphone’s Earpiece via COTS mmWave DeviceIn Proceedings of the 28th Annual International Conference On Mobile Computing And Networking 2022
- MobiSys 2022EarHealth: an earphone-based acoustic otoscope for detection of multiple ear diseases in daily lifeIn Proceedings of the 20th Annual International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications and Services 2022
Reports 2022Exploring Racial and Gender Disparities in Voice BiometricsIn Scientific Reports 2022
- ICHI 2022 Best Student
Paper AwardThe Visual Accelerometer: A High-fidelity Optic-to-Inertial Transformation Framework for Wearable Health ComputingIn IEEE International Conference on Health Informatics 2022
- Smart HealthPrivacy computing using deep compression learning techniques for neural decodingSmart Health 2022
- NDSS 2022SpiralSpy: Exploring a Stealthy and Practical Covert Channel to Attack Air-gapped Computing Devices via mmWave SensingIn The Network and Distributed System Security Symposium 2022
- NDSS 2022FakeGuard: Exploring haptic response to mitigate the vulnerability in commercial fingerprint anti-spoofingIn The Network and Distributed System Security Symposium 2022
- CNS 2021Voice Doppelganger Susceptibility among Racial and Gender Groups: IEEE CNS 21 PosterIn 2021 IEEE Conference on Communications and Network Security (CNS) 2021
- CNS 2021Exploring Demographic Effects on Speaker VerificationIn 2021 IEEE Conference on Communications and Network Security (CNS) 2021
- SenSys 2021Poster Abstract: Exploring an Extensible Children Game Framework based on Augmented Reality Building BlocksIn Proceedings of the 19th Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems 2021
- SenSys 2021Poster Abstract: Enhanced Virtual Reality: Exploring an Immersive and Realistic Virtual Reality Training for NursingIn Proceedings of the 19th Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems 2021